Before applying please read the terms below and ensure that you meet our criteria below.
Experience the joy of the performing and visual arts.
INCITE FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS FUNDING GUIDE
Welcome to the NEW incite Foundation online application!
Please note that the application deadline is __________________ (TBD).
We’ve made some changes to the application process you need to know about.
- Applications along with the required attachments will only be accepted online through the incite Foundation for the Arts website. Applications emailed or mailed will not be accepted.
- The 2023 application deadline is _______________(TBD). No extensions will be granted unless the extension is given to all applicants.
- Successful 2023 grant recipients will be required to acknowledge incite Foundation for the Arts in print materials and across digital channels, including social media.
- Successful 2023 grant recipients will be required to submit a report on the project/program results and examples of how they acknowledged incite Foundation funding by January 31, 2024. Failure to submit a report will disqualify any 2024 grant applications.
- Applicants will receive an automated email acknowledging receipt of their application.
- Final funding decisions will be made in May, 2023.
- All applicants will be notified by email.
- Funds will be delivered at a meeting with the Foundation’s Executive Director.
FUNDING FOCUS AREAS
The incite Foundation for the Arts offers annual program and project grants to the following types of arts organizations and programming:
- Major Public Organizations
- Anchor arts organizations
- Organizations that make a major contribution to Hamilton’s cultural life
- Educational Programs
Organizations that operate major arts educational programs for school children in the region.
- Catalyst Grants
Small scale initiatives that promise to develop an interest in the arts in the Hamilton Region.
- Be a registered charity
- Dedicated to the performing arts (Dance, Music, Theatre), visual arts, and/or arts education for children
- Located in Hamilton or the greater Hamilton area
- Make a positive difference to the cultural life in the Hamilton area
- Offer high quality programs
- Demonstrate competent management and financial responsibility
- Demonstrate a need or opportunity for the project
- Show clear and measurable benefits to the community
The following organizations are not eligible to receive funding:
- Organizations located outside of Hamilton and the greater Hamilton area
- Schools, private schools, universities, colleges, health authorities, public health authorities, educational institutions, health/social services institutions
- For-profit organizations
Ineligible activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Major capital projects
- Direct fundraising events, e.g., galas
- Purchase of land and buildings
Eligible expenses include reasonable expenses that are directly related to the project, in furtherance of the project’s purpose and activities, and that have been actually and properly incurred:
- Personnel – wages and employment related costs
- Contractors – fees for professional services
- Materials and supplies
- Project equipment
- Training and events
- Ineligible expenses include but are not limited to the following:
- Expenses incurred prior to July 1, 2023
- Expenses incurred after June 30, 2024
- Taxes for which an organization is eligible for a tax rebate
- Expenses relating to any activity not eligible for funding
- Application opens (TBD)
- Application Deadline (TBD)
- Grants awarded: May 31, 2023
- Funded projects begin: July 1, 2023
- Funded projects end: June 30, 2024
All applications from eligible organizations will be reviewed by the incite Foundation Advisory Committee. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
HOW TO APPLY
The Annual Operating Grant Application is open now. More than one application may be submitted by an organization. Only one application will accepted for each program or activity.
In addition to completing the grant application, the following documentation is required to be uploaded:
- List of Current Board Members
- Last audited financial statements or Auditor’s Review Engagement Letter
- Program/Project Budget
RECOGNIZING iNCITE FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS FUNDING
We ask that all successful applicants publicize incite Foundation for the Arts funding in the following ways:
- Include the incite Foundation for the Arts logo prominently on all print and digital materials relating to the funded activity or program distributed at the event, e.g., print and digital programs, digital funder recognition presentations and other appropriate signage
- Include the incite Foundation for the Arts logo in e-newsletters, brochures/flyers, and mention in news releases, social media posts and all pre-event publicity
- Include the incite Foundation for the Arts logo as a funder in all social media, print, radio or television advertising related to the event.
- Reference the incite Foundation for the Arts as a funder in speeches at the event
- Include the incite Foundation for the Arts in all donor lists, including annual reports and website
- Include the incite Foundation for the Arts logo and link on your website
- Include examples of how you recognized incite Foundation for the Arts funding in your grant report
- Send us photographs of your event/project for use on the incite Foundation website and in our publications (along with a release form signed by persons in the photograph).